At Happy Pets Veterinary Center in Santa Clarita, CA, we are strong advocates for responsible pet ownership. Our spay and neuter services play a crucial role in controlling the pet population, promoting the health of your furry companion, and contributing to the well-being of the community.
Why Spay & Neuter?
Spaying (for females) and neutering (for males) offer numerous benefits for your pet and the community:
- Population Control: Preventing unplanned litters helps reduce the number of homeless animals and overcrowded shelters.
- Health Benefits: Spaying and neutering can reduce the risk of certain cancers such as mammary cancer in females and prostate cancer in males, plus it helps with certain behavioral issues, including roaming and aggression.
- Improved Behavior: Neutered males are often less territorial and less likely to engage in territorial marking if neutered before that behavior begins.
- Community Responsibility: By spaying and neutering your pet, you play a crucial role in being a responsible pet owner and helping to keep unwanted pets out of the shelters.
Our Spay & Neuter Services
Our experienced veterinary team performs spay and neuter surgeries with the utmost care and attention to your pet's well-being:
- Pre-Surgical Evaluation: We conduct a thorough pre-surgical exam to ensure your pet is healthy and ready for the procedure. We then follow up with pre-surgical blood work to make sure that your pet is healthy from the inside as well.
- Safe Anesthesia: We use safe and modern anesthetic protocols that are recommended by veterinary cardiologist for our most critical pets, if it is safe for heart patients it will be safe for all our patients. Your pet will also be monitored by an experienced technician who is trained to take your pet’s vitals every 10 minutes while under anesthesia throughout the surgery.
- Pain Management: Your pet's comfort is essential to us, and we provide pain management before, during, and after the procedure. We do local blocks to numb the area prior to surgery, we also are big advocates of using Nocita which is a local block that blocks pain for 3 days post surgery. We also send home pain relief medication for all our procedures to make sure your pet is comfortable at home as well.
- Post-Operative Care: Our team will provide post-operative instructions and ensure your pet is on the path to a smooth recovery. We also have our pets come back 3-4 days post surgery for a surgical follow up to make sure the incision is healing well at no additional cost.
Schedule a spay or neuter appointment with us at Happy Pets Veterinary Center in Santa Clarita, CA, and be a part of the solution. Your pet's well-being and the welfare of animals in our community are important to us, and we're here to support you in making a positive impact.